DTV Innovations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please email your resume to: HRD@dtvinnovations.com
Testing and develop testing procedure of DTVI product primarily related to Embedded SBC computer using Linux Operating system. Helping in the design process to attach all the electronics boards together. Develop firmware to make sure that all electronics boards and other electrical parts work as it is intended and talk to each other. Implementation of the latest technology in TS streaming over IP. This is included but not limited to : SRT (srtalliance.org), RIST (RIST.tv), and ZIXI (ZIXI.com). Develop device driver to any of the electrical board that DTVI produce or use. Develop interface and GUI for the product.
- Master’s or foreign degree equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering and 1 year of experience in the job offered or research or work experience in electrical or computer engineering.
- 3 months of coursework, internship, research or work experience in FPGA Hardware design, Linux operating system, BSP driver, C/C++, JAVA, HTML5 and Video Streaming over IP technology and broadcast distribution.
Employer & Work Address: 2402 Millennium Dr., Elgin, IL 60124.
Any Applicant who is interested in this position may apply to: HRD@dtvinnovations.com or 2402 Millennium Dr., Elgin, IL 60124
DTVI is seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to fill the position of Software Design Engineer. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to not only design and develop new products but also grow and collaborate with our engineering team and work with day-to-day operations like production and processing/fixing software related RMAs. You will develop innovative broadcasting products, as well as bring those projects to final production and help maintain them throughout their lifecycle.
- Defining and developing the software requirements for new products
- Adapt software to customized hardware
- Testing and debugging problem throughout the lifecycle of the products
- Building and testing products for customers
- Debugging customer issued RMAs
- Creating technical documentation
- Junior software engineers will need to develop drivers, firmware, and board support packages for our products.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2 to 5 years professional experience developing, enhancing, and debugging new and existing real-time firmware in C/C++
- Real Time Operating Systems and programming in multi-threaded environments
- Embedded software development
- Linux-based systems
- TCP/IP networking protocols including socket programming
- Common interface protocols such as I2C, SPI, and UART
- Debugging tools
- Git version control
- Java programming
- Implementing front-end and back-end web-based user interfaces for monitoring and control of devices
- Familiarity with video streaming protocols such as RTP, MPEG-TS, and MPEG-DASH
- Knowledge of ATSC standards is a strong plus
The Technician will be responsible for assembling and testing the hardware
solution/products, operate the test equipment, design PCB layout for future or refinement products and
support general engineering effort and operation in the company. This is a full time position with health
benefit and paid holiday. Benefits will be available once new hire completed the probation period.
- Assemble and test products to ship to customer
- Debug and solve customer problem related to the products, doing repair, warranty claims of the products
- Ordering parts and components relating to the product
- Helping Engineering team with Design and engineering efforts
- Design and develop PCB layouts with Altium Designer
- Doing documentation related to the job
- Maintain parts and components, organize labs and production/repair room
- Familiar with test equipment, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and broadcast test equipment in general (Transport Stream Generator, MPEG Analyzer, SDI analyzer,etc).
- Schematic capture and PCB layout experience with Altium Designer. Familiarity with other tools, e.g. ORCAD, PROTEL or PADS is a plus.
- Experienced with component specification, selection, integration, debug, and test.
- Able to use solder and do PCB rework. Should be able to solder 0402 and 0603 components.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated, efficient, and enterprising. Have result-oriented personality. Ability to drive tasks and projects to completion.
- Ability to solve problems that are undefined and involve multiple technologies.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Fluent in computer and MS Office
- Have some knowledge/understanding in programming language.
- Familiarity with TV & Broadcast Industry and Equipment is a plus
- Background in wireless/RF communications is encouraged
- This position requires an Associate Degree on Electrical Engineering or other related vocational training.
DTV Innovations is seeking a highly motivated individual who can support the office portion of the business. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in processing customer order and prepare documentation for shipment
- Provide exceptional customer service and solve customer issues as needed
- Provide administrative support to our sales department
- Support our production team to procure our part and track incoming order
- Entering and reconciling vendor receipts
- Coordinate calendars, schedules, travel arrangement, meeting and office activities
- Establish and maintain filing system
- Faxing, copying and answering emails on a timely basis
- Answer and direct phone calls to appropriate people
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Have Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to multitask and follow direction
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Must be motivated and possess a strong work ethic to complete the assignment
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred